An ideal School Management System is always accepted by almost all educational institutions and if they find out that the software is not performing upto the mark, they simply throw it. This will create a negative impact on the company that develops the tool.
The reason behind this is that world class educational institutions are not ready to compromise on quality and efficiency and they simply throw out anything that they feel are not performing up to their expectations. So prior to releasing such products, make sure that they are upto to the international standards. Here are 10 important and useful essentials for a good school management system (not necessarily in the order)
1) User Friendliness Since most of the students and teachers do not have enough technical knowledge, the school management software should be made as user friendly as possible. A complex tool may end up in the users making frequent mistakes, which may tamper the reputation of the system. So try to make the tool more simple and user friendly.
2) Bug Free or Error Free Bugs or errors are one of the common things that comes while developing a new software or tool. This may not create problem while we are targeting a small audience, but if the software is intended to travel a larger area of the globe, then bugs or errors are not at all appreciated. To make a world class school management software, you need to make sure that the software is 100% bug free.
3) High Level of Efficiency Speed and efficiency must be in harmony if you want to make your school management system a global hit. If your software is too slow in responding, then customers might stop using it and shift to any other software available. So make sure that speed, accuracy and efficiency are not compromised while your product is launched for sales.
4) High Security Level There might be data security issues in large educational institutions and since the tool is usually supposed to operate in a LAN, chances of data insecurity are there. So make sure that the software is equipped to tackle any security issues that arises.
5) Database Backup Facilities All the records are generally transferred into a database and in any case if the software crashes, the information in the database also would crash. So make sure that the school management software has an automated database back up facility so that no data loss is experienced when the system crashes.
6) Automated Report Generation An educational institution always need to generate reports on a regular basis. It can be a financial report, student performance report, staff report etc. So the school management system should be equipped to generate all the major reports and with accuracy and speed.
7) Graphical Analysis Images speaks much better than words and it is always easier to analyze and compare performances based on a graph or chart. A graphical analysis of the student’s and staff’s performance can quickly tell you about the performance level of a particular student or teacher. So make sure that apart from the general report, the system is also capable of generating graphical reports.
8) Compatible with both Internet and Intranet Since the system is shared by a large number of user in the case of a large educational institution, make sure that it is compatible with both Internet and Intranet.
9) Automated Staff and Student administration The system should be fully automated and in a large educational institution one needs to manage a large number of students and staffs. If the school management system is fully automated it would be an added advantage for the administrator to mange.
10) An E-Learning Facility for Students from All Grades A school management solution should strictly have an e-Learning facility for students and should have the complete syllabus for all grades embedded within. Since it is compatible with internet, it should also provide options for updating the students and teachers with the latest updations and advancements related to their respective subjects.