The recruitment industry has always been reactive by nature. This is not intended to be a criticism in any way, it is just considered to be convention within the industry. An employer advertises a vacancy, a candidate advertises their CV. Prospective candidates are forwarded onto the employer and prospective vacancies are similarly forwarded onto the candidate. This will invariably result in thousands of candidates applying for each individual vacancy and success is ultimately determined by the efficiency of each individual employer’s recruitment procedure. Candidates are always powerless throughout this process. The introduction of online job boards through the internet has only served to exasperate this problem. They tend to identify success in terms of quantity rather than quality. They will proudly advertise that they have thousands or even millions of candidates registered with them. They will also have hundreds or thousands of vacancies listed too. The implication being of course that if they serve this many customers then they must be good. Having said this, online job boards do provide an important service now within the recruitment industry. They provide portals where both candidates and employers can be introduced to each-other and the service which they provide is far more cost-effective than traditional offline advertising and in most cases they provide a more efficient service too. Unfortunately it does not really do very much to help candidates gain better employment and it is still rather like looking for a needle in a haystack. This is because the service which they provide merely ensures that more and more applicants apply to each individual vacancy. It is also widely accepted within the recruitment industry that any vacancy which we may see advertised is always a peripheral vacancy. What is meant by this is that they tend to be general vacancies which arise from prescriptive change such as expansion, or a merger or acquisition. The very fact that the organization does not have anyone in mind for this vacancy who could be promoted from within tells you that the vacancy is probably a peripheral one. Core vacancies are never advertised. The organization will already have internal candidates in mind for these positions and they are too important to risk employing a candidate who is considered to be an unknown quantity. Consequently core vacancies are always the ones we should be targeting. They are the vacancies which constitute power, influence and life-changing personal benefits. A senior manager or partner at a major financial institution, retail organization or manufacturing company will earn an annual salary amounting to several hundred thousand dollars for their services. A senior Director or Executive Officer at the same company will earn an annual salary amounting to several million dollars for their services. How many jobs do you actually see advertised with annual salaries that exceed 250,000.00 USD? There are traditional recruitment companies who practise what is commonly known as head-hunting, but these still tend to be for peripheral positions. The reality is that anyone who achieves a core vacancy within a major global organization will have developed and implemented a successful career management strategy over a sustainable period of time. It is quite literally the difference between success and failure. Recruitment companies and online job boards alike are already thinking of innovative ways in which they can provide better services. Improving online technology is to some extent gradually enabling them to do this. There are growing improvements in terms of the search engines that are used to pre-qualify candidates for employers and conversely to pre-qualify employers for candidates. However the more recruitment companies or online job boards which choose to move in this direction the more they will have to charge candidates and employers for the services they provide, whereas registration, particularly for candidates has been largely free of charge and candidates have grown accustomed to this of course. It is already clear that those recruitment companies who are starting to charge candidates for the service that they provide, tend to provide much better services. The old adage that “you always get for what you pay” tends to apply here. Ultimately these changes while providing some improvement in the professionalism of recruitment companies and online job boards over time will not change anything at all concerning the type of vacancies advertised. Advertised vacancies will always be peripheral. Candidates who have the most successful careers are always those who are proficient at managing their own career management strategy. It is true that we cannot all aspire to be the CEO of Microsoft, General Motors, HSBC Bank, or Mittal. But we can still ensure that we at least have the opportunity to achieve as much as we can with our careers and we will not achieve this if we are reactive by nature and if we do not take personal responsibility at some point for our own career development. After all an individual’s career development surely constitutes a core activity, not a peripheral one!
Learning how to get rid of a car you owe money on, isn’t as hard as it may seem. Everyday people are getting rid of their cars that they owe money on. They are either selling them or trading them in. It is a little different getting rid of a car that you owe money on, compared to getting rid of a car that you own free and clear. Here are some simple steps you need to take before selling your car or trading it into the dealer.
Contact your lien holder and find out what the balance is on the car. Once you know how much you owe, the next step is to find out what the car is worth. If the car is worth more than what you owe, it’s much simpler and easy to sell. If you’re going to trade the vehicle in on a different car, the dealer will handle all the paperwork and clear the title by paying off your lien holder.
If you owe more than what the car is worth you can trade the car in for a cheaper car and have the difference applied to the new car. Keep in mind that if you do this, you still have to pay the difference off someday. It just doesn’t go away by itself.
Another option you have is to sell your car on consignment. You’ll have to check around to see what dealers have a consignment program, because not all dealers offer this service. Make sure you know what your costs are before signing your car over to the dealer. Some dealers work on a flat fee while others work on a percentage fee.
Selling on consignment saves you all the headaches and troubles of having people come over to your home and haggling with you over the price. The dealer will handle all the paperwork, pay off your lien holder and make sure the money is good. You don’t have to worry about anything. If you can’t find a dealer that offers a consignment program then check with the auto brokers in your area. Most brokers will have some type of consignment program.
You can always sell your car by yourself. You can put it on Craigslist, AutoTrader or Cars. com to start with. Before you put it online be sure and have it detailed so the pictures look good and the car looks sharp when someone comes to see it. A well detailed car can bring you top dollar.
The last thing you want to do is give your car back to the lien holder if you can’t make the monthly payments. This may sound like the way to go and it’s easy, but a repossession will show up on your credit report and damage your credit for years to come.
Washing windows is one of the best service businesses to start, because it requires no lengthy instruction, has low startup costs and is always in demand. Residential windows require cleaning every 3-4 months, commercial windows more routinely.
There are two main markets for a window washing service – residential and commercial. Most window washers focus on a particular niche market – storefronts, for example – and target potential customers and prospects in that niche. Others, mainly in smaller communities, can handle both commercial and residential work easily.
Before you jump into the window washing business, it’s essential that you look at it clearly, warts and all. It is still a low-tech business, although technology has had a big impact in some areas. As an example, a water-fed pole system allows an operator to clean two, three and even four story windows from the ground, saving the time and trouble of climbing up and down a ladder. Another innovation, the Tucker pole system, also allows one person, standing safely on the ground, to wash and rinse windows up to 45′ high.
Technology aside, washing windows is not a glamorous business, like writing apps for a iPad or working on Wall Street. It can get demanding when the weather turns nasty too. So when you reveal to your friends that you plan to start a window washing business, don’t expect a round of applause.
The upside is that you will have a very profitable business that will generate income very quickly – particularly when you consider that most residential and small commercial jobs are paid on the spot when you complete the work. Moreover, you can operate a window washing business on a part-time or full-time basis. This flexibility makes window washing an attractive business to a wide variety of people.
Do you have what it takes?
Window washing is a service business, so you’ll need a willingness to please customers and the desire to perform a thorough job so each window sparkles and customers call back for more.
The business skills needed to launch and run this business are quite basic. You’ll will need to be able to manage your time efficiently and have the ability to build relationships with your customers.
Most window washers are home-based businesses, which makes sense. After all, your customers have no reason to visit your shop, since all work is done at their location, not yours. Although operating out of your home makes perfect sense for most, your town may have regulations that control commercial activities in residential areas. So before you obtain a business license, determine what regulations govern home-based businesses and adjust your business operations to be in compliance.
Startup expenses for a window washing service are reasonable. You’ll need to purchase a window cleaning bucket, squeegees in several sizes, rags, cleaning solution and a basic ladder for two-story work.
To advertise your business around town, order a pair of magnetic signs for your vehicle. Magnetic signs can be easily removed if your vehicle is used for business and personal use. However, you’ll find many prospects will approach you when you’re “off-duty,” in a grocer’s parking lot, for example, so consider leaving your signage on at all times. There are hundreds of web-based businesses that make economical magnetic sighs for vehicles – just do a web search for “magnetic signs for vehicles.”
Pricing your window washing service could be a challenge initially, without experience. If your price is too low, you’re robbing yourself of income and profits that you ought to get. If you price too high, you may lose the job to someone else, or even to the customer, who may decide, “If it’s that expensive, I should do it myself.” To get a feel for pricing, practice washing windows for friends and neighbors at no charge.
Time yourself for each window and take notes. Is it a first or second story window, does it have multiple panes, and so on. Then, multiply the time per window by the hourly rate you expect to earn to reach a price. For example, if a window takes 6 minutes, and you expect to earn $ 50 an hour, then 60 minutes (one hour) divided by 6 equals $ 5. Make sure to add enough to cover your overhead costs, including vehicle costs, materials, administrative expenses such as bookkeeping, taxes, et cetera. After a few months, you’ll have it down.
How’s your image?
The image you project is an important marketing tool. Take into account how your look to others. Here are some areas to consider:
*Because your work is all done on site at the customer’s home or business, the appearance of your vehicle is very important. Your vehicle represents your company on wheels, which communicates to others a lot about your company. A clean, well-maintained vehicle, regardless of it’s years, tells others you take pride in your work.
* Are you neat and clean, wearing clothing that identifies your business, like a hat or golf shirt with your company name?
* Do your documents look professional? It costs next to nothing to have professional estimate and invoice forms printed, which will do wonders for your professional image.
Your customers also form an impression about your image, positive or negative, in how you do on the job and in following up. Here are some tips to help you enhance your business image so it sparkles as brightly as the windows you’ve washed:
* Show up on time. If you show up when you promised, your customers will appreciate it, especially if they have to be home so you can wash the interior windows.
* Be organized. Consider the most efficient way to handle each job so you don’t waste time. Carry extra squeegees and other items that wear so you will always have the right tool for every window. If you’re doing second story windows, make sure you have the right sized ladder with you.
* Return phone calls quickly. Most window washers find a business cellular phone is best for always being available, even while on the job. Make things easy for your customers to reach you – it’s expected in today’s connected world.
* Always say thanks. Thank your customers when the job is done and they hand you a check. Send a basic thank you card to customers after finishing a job, with a note mentioning that you’ve got them on the calendar for the next cleaning in XX days, and you’ll call to confirm about a week before it’s scheduled. A holiday card to each customer works the same way to build a relationship. Time the holiday card to arrive around the first of December – so your card will be distinct and be not forgotten. Always include a business card to make it easier for customers to reach you.
Anyone can wash windows. To turn it into a successful business requires much more than just a good squeegee technique. Professionalism will help you get there, so use the ideas within this article to polish your own image and build a legion of loyal customers for your new window washing business.
Actress Liz Vassey was seen sporting a long and beautiful hair style for the latest ACE Eddie Awards, and she appeared attractive. Liz had her lengthy hair set into curls that fell properly under her shoulders and accentuated her facial features well.
Superstars and Their Sporty Appearsars
While the All My Children star Liz Vassey wore a wonderful seem only by altering her hairstyle. Hairstyles, makeovers utilizing make up or shifting one’s style sense is regular, but some superstars have been recognized to do go to excessive lengths to obtain the look and look that they feel might warrant interest, and most of the time they are proper. Pamela Anderson increased her bust dimension probably to match her properly rounded encounter, and some say Jennifer Lopez has undergone liposuction surgical procedure to make her body look excellent – even much more ideal than it previously is.
Satisfaction Devoid of the Work Included
Liposuction is improper, some may possibly say, and others warn us of the prolonged phrase difficulties that this sort of plastic material surgeries can convey. But, for millionaires out there, it is just an simple way to get into form and look excellent. A plastic material surgeon would recommend a liposuction surgical treatment only when there is no other way of eliminating and undermining that undesirable excess fat. But, for most individuals these days plastic surgery is the answer to every little thing, whether it is a effectively toned system, or a younger searching skin, or completely formed lips. There have been cases wherever folks who underwent liposuction or any other this kind of surgeries suggest others against performing the identical due to the fact they know the accurate pros and cons of this kind of desperate measures taken to appear very good. This could be regarded as hypocritical; others say they are crucial warnings emanating from men and women of credibility.
Digital Age Marketing Group, Inc. is a full service internet marketing firm that prides itself on unparalleled service and performance. We are committed to providing unbiased internet marketing advice and prudent strategies for growing your business. Our services are always tailored to your unique needs. We provide SEO optimization, sales lead generation, and Google local business center ad placement. Digital Age Marketing Group’s search engine visibility is geared towards driving potential clients to your website. Our unique geographical marketing approach enables us to reach millions of business consumers in record time, with a high sale-to-contact ratio. Our reward is satisfied clients!
Trends come and go, but every fashionable woman knows that there are staples that never go out of style. The jewelry box is the place where spending more money on higher quality pieces ensures that your investment will last decades. There are ten essential pieces that every woman should have in her jewelry collection. They look fantastic dressed down for daily activities and work, and they bring a truly elegant touch to formal looks and the little black dress.
Before you buy your staple pieces, consider your options so that you spend your money wisely and on jewelry you will still love a decade or two from now. Which is your favorite: gold, white gold, sterling silver, or platinum? Silver is the least expensive, but gold is more traditional. White gold and platinum achieve the clean and polished look of silver, but are better quality. If you have the money to spend on platinum, it will look beautiful longer and sustain fewer scratches. The next question to consider is this: should you splurge on real gemstones and diamonds or opt for the less expensive cubic zirconium? The real thing will obviously last longer and shine more brilliantly. In addition, the bigger the stone, the more you can tell the difference. However, for smaller settings and for people who cannot afford real, precious stones, cubic zirconium is an excellent alternative if you buy a high quality piece. Armed with these considerations, you’re ready to pick out your jewelry staples. In no particular order, these are the top ten jewelry staples:
1. Diamond Stud Earrings: This is one piece where you should opt for the real thing. Until you can afford diamonds, the cubic zirconium will do, but diamonds last longer and the unrivaled, polished shine is part of the appeal. Perfect for any occasion, they look beautiful with jeans and a cardigan and elegant with a formal gown for a night out. Showcase them by pulling your hair back from your face. Diamond stud earrings create a classy, sophisticated, and timeless look on any woman.
2. Diamond Tennis Bracelet: This is another essential where the cubic zirconium is only a substitute until you can buy the real thing. Both the diamond tennis bracelet and the stud earrings emit a lustrous shine that is absolutely stunning. The same principles apply here; you can wear your tennis bracelet anywhere and anytime to achieve that high class, elegant look. These and your stud earrings will never go out of style, and you can pass them down to future generations as prized heirlooms.
3. Cocktail Ring: A big, fashionable ring with a large gemstone setting shows superior and distinguished taste. The stone in the ring can be any stone you love; some popular choices are red and blue sapphires, garnets, pearls, and emeralds. If you do not mind occasionally updating your ring, cubic zirconium is available in a variety of stunning colors. Before you choose your ring, make sure you settle on a color that will complement most of your wardrobe.
4. Chandelier Earrings: Although diamond stud earrings are the height of class, every woman needs something that dangles. Again, choose a color that complements most of your existing wardrobe so you can wear them often. My personal favorite is a chandelier earring made from marcasite and sterling silver that showcases black onyx. The antiqued look is quite distinguished and black matches everything.
5. Pearl Necklace: Simple, classy, and sophisticated, this timeless piece embodies class. White pearls are the most elegant, but other colors are available. Although they now sell long strands that you can wrap around your neck several times, the most timeless pearl necklace is a shorter strand that falls just below your collarbone. Again, the authentic pearl necklaces look the best. A good imitation does not exist.
6. Non-Pearl Necklace: Pearls do not match everything, so you should have at least one necklace that does not have pearls. This can be as simple as a silver or gold chain, or something a little more extravagant that has a drop pendant with a gemstone. If you opt for the latter, try to choose something that matches your cocktail ring and chandelier earrings so that you have a complete set. A diamond journey necklace and a diamond circle necklace are popular choices.
7. Statement Watch: How often does anyone really look at their watch nowadays? We have phones, computers, etc. that display a digital and easy-to-read time. Luckily, this gives you the freedom to choose a watch for its form, rather than its function. Find a stunning watch that matches everything and wear it to work for a professional look that does not sacrifice style.
8. Hoop Earrings: Gold, silver, or platinum. Not too big, please, these should be simple. The thinner, smaller, and more delicate they are, the more elegant they look.
9. An Artisan Piece: This is the creative piece. This can be as outlandish and colorful as you like, but make sure it is something you will still like years from now.
Luckily, this can either be cheap or expensive; the only requirement is that it is completely original and no one else has anything like it. These are pieces you find from street vendors and private shops. They are often handmade and have very artistic designs. The handmade pieces are the best; they ensure something completely unique.
10. A Large Broach: Stick it on your coat and keep it there. It should be elegant, but dazzling. I prefer marcasite showcasing cubic zirconium or gemstones for this, too.