Have you ever wondered, What is a wheel alignment? To put it simply, a wheel alignment consists of adjusting the angles of the wheels so that they are perpendicular to the ground and parallel to each other. What is the purpose of a car alignment? The purpose of a car alignment is to maximize the life of your tires and have a vehicle that drives straight and true on a straight and level road.
These 4 signs will let you know if your vehicle needs a wheel alignment:
* The tires are wearing rapidly and unevenly
* Your car pulls or drifts away from a straight line when you let go of the steering wheel
* Your car wanders on a straight road and you are constantly making steering corrections
* The spokes of the steering wheel are off to one side while driving straight
You can visually check your own car alignment. Take a coin and insert it in the tread at the inside, center, and outside of each tire:
* If the tread is deeper on the edges than in the center, the tire is over-inflated
* If the tread is deeper in the center than the edges, it is under-inflated
* If the tread is deeper on one side than the other, have your wheel alignment checked out.
* Run your hand back and forth across the tread to check for a saw-tooth wear pattern (tread is smooth in one direction, but jagged in the other). Have your car alignment checked as soon as possible as this condition causes rapid tire wear.
Need a car alignment? Whether you need a basic oil change, a wheel alignment, or a transmission repair, our qualified auto mechanics can help you keep your car on the road. Contact our ASE Certified Technicians today for expert advice by calling (406) 248-2838, or on-line at www.pricesprecisionauto.com for more information. They will be happy to help you with all your automotive service needs. Our Tech-Net professional auto repair shop in Billings MT, serves vehicle owners in the areas of Shepherd and Laurel, MT.